Author Topic: 2007-2008 Season  (Read 7176 times)

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
2007-2008 Season
« on: January 18, 2008, 09:57:34 PM »
Thoughts?
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: 2007-2008 Season
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:43:56 PM »
As much shit as I take for NOT being a Sox/Pats fan in New England, I have to respect the Pats for what they've accomplished.

The Chargers are too banged up, can't play in the cold, and have been playing over their heads way too long.

Come Sunday, we're gonna know it's a Packers/Patriots matchup in the desert.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »
What?  We have some voting but no commens?
nine eleven is a car

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 04:27:48 PM »
Thoughts?

You left out "Tom Brady is an android."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 02:08:17 AM »
Thoughts?

Yeah, I've got one.  How can you determine your the best team ever after just 1 game?  The other 3 major sports play best of 7.  A series of games will establish who really is better.  Not a single game that can be lost due to a fluke like a bad call or the like.

NFL is teh suck.  NHL for teh win.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 06:18:03 PM »
What the hell are you talking about? 
Will NE become the greatest NFL team in history?

Clearly mister exacto pants I am referring the NFL and just as clearly to history meaning past teams that are in the NFL (notice how I cleverly placed NFL and history in the question?)

I will gladly rephrase the question to state: Will NE become the greatest NFL team in history? Does that makes it clearer for you?

The gist of the question based on the available respones is: do you think that NE will win, or do you think that NE will lose.  Thanks for playing and have a nice night.

BTW I think NE will win by at least 9, as long as the reports of Brady wearing a walking boot are exaggerated. 

nine eleven is a car

Offline djones520

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 12:58:03 AM »
But you also asked another question.  Thats the one I responded to.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 07:40:22 AM »
Thoughts?

Yeah, I've got one.  How can you determine your the best team ever after just 1 game?  The other 3 major sports play best of 7.  A series of games will establish who really is better.  Not a single game that can be lost due to a fluke like a bad call or the like.

If you like boring games that end in ties played by wealthy white guys.  Even the fights are bogus.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline djones520

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 07:58:57 AM »
Thoughts?

If you like boring games that end in ties played by wealthy white guys.  Even the fights are bogus.

You've obviously never been to a Hockey Game before have you?  First off, ever try throwing a punch while standing on ice skates?  I'd put money down just about any football player will land on his ass and not get a chance to throw a 2nd punch.  Secondly, the game is a hell of a lot faster paced then any of the other major sports.  Third, the athletes are the lowest paid of the 4 major sports.  4th, when was the last time you saw a guys face shattered from a foot ball flying 60 mph?  Then get back up and keep playing?

The Athletes are of higher caliber.  They have to be expert ice scaters.  They need to have great hand to eye coordination.  They need to have incredible attention to detail, cause keeping your eye on a 3 inch puck in a huge rink with 10 guys trying to smash you into oblivion just ain't easy.  Play does not stop whenever you get knocked over.  You get slammed into a wall by a 220lb guy, you need to get your ass back on your feet and keep skating.

Try actually watching the sport sometime.  Pick up the nuances.  Understand just how rough it is to play the game at that level, and how damned skilled you gotta be to do it. 

Football is about being big, or being fast.  Hockey is about having skill.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 08:20:52 PM »

Which was directly tied to the poll question.
nine eleven is a car

Offline djones520

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:36:45 PM »

Ok, well the question still stands.  How can you honestly expect to determine whether or not a team is the best because of 1 game?  To much "luck" can influence that one game.  A measurement of multiple games would be much better to determine who the best truly is.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »
No team (in the NFL) has done what they *are going* to do in 35 years, and that team played fewer games overall.   That's more than "just one game."                                                         

nine eleven is a car

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
I'm not a NE fan, haven't been a Bradey fan since he was at UM, but there's no doubt in my mind they are the best team in the NFL this season and maybe ever.

Now if NY beats them, that makes Jones point.

I hope they smoke NY with huge numbers. then not make the playoffs next year.   :-)

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »
19-0 baby.   Belichick then reloads defensive line in the draft, and then it's undefeated again next baby.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 11:00:45 AM »
Thoughts?

You've obviously never been to a Hockey Game before have you?  First off, ever try throwing a punch while standing on ice skates?  I'd put money down just about any football player will land on his ass and not get a chance to throw a 2nd punch.  Secondly, the game is a hell of a lot faster paced then any of the other major sports.  Third, the athletes are the lowest paid of the 4 major sports.  4th, when was the last time you saw a guys face shattered from a foot ball flying 60 mph?  Then get back up and keep playing?

The Athletes are of higher caliber.  They have to be expert ice scaters.  They need to have great hand to eye coordination.  They need to have incredible attention to detail, cause keeping your eye on a 3 inch puck in a huge rink with 10 guys trying to smash you into oblivion just ain't easy.  Play does not stop whenever you get knocked over.  You get slammed into a wall by a 220lb guy, you need to get your ass back on your feet and keep skating.

Try actually watching the sport sometime.  Pick up the nuances.  Understand just how rough it is to play the game at that level, and how damned skilled you gotta be to do it. 

Football is about being big, or being fast.  Hockey is about having skill.
Sounds like the usual defense of soccer with some adjustments.  I've seen enough games to know it is boring after a few minutes.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 06:31:13 PM »
I'm not a NE fan, haven't been a Bradey fan since he was at UM, but there's no doubt in my mind they are the best team in the NFL this season and maybe ever.

Now if NY beats them, that makes Jones point.

I hope they smoke NY with huge numbers. then not make the playoffs next year.   :-)

:tongue:
nine eleven is a car

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »

Ok, well the question still stands.  How can you honestly expect to determine whether or not a team is the best because of 1 game?  To much "luck" can influence that one game.  A measurement of multiple games would be much better to determine who the best truly is.
So...now, is Jones question valid?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 10:21:40 PM by JackZip »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 10:19:51 PM »
What is NEs place in football history now? Being undefeated through the season has to count for something...doesn't it? Can they still be considered one of the best teams in history?

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 10:28:28 PM »
What is NEs place in football history now? Being undefeated through the season has to count for something...doesn't it? Can they still be considered one of the best teams in history?

There's no doubt that the Pats will be considered the "dynasty of the decade", as was the Packers in the 60s, the Steelers in the 70's, 49ers in the 80's, and so on. So they'll have that. This season will be pretty much forgotten though a couple years down the road.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 06:26:01 PM »

There's no doubt that the Pats will be considered the "dynasty of the decade", as was the Packers in the 60s, the Steelers in the 70's, 49ers in the 80's, and so on. So they'll have that. This season will be pretty much forgotten though a couple years down the road.

Agreed.  Too bad, good game.
nine eleven is a car

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »
19-0 baby.   Belichick then reloads defensive line in the draft, and then it's undefeated again next baby.

Ahem, what were you saying?    Make that 18-1.

Just messing wit ya FL.
 :-)

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 06:12:11 AM »

Just messing wit ya FL.

Giants defense got to Brady, and Belichick didn't adjust.   The Boston papers are pretty much going with Brady was seriously hurt the end of the season excuse, but they lost so I am not going to dwell on the reasons for it.

Red Sox season is upon us.   Repeat...repeat....repeat....  :cheersmate:

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »

Just messing wit ya FL.

Giants defense got to Brady, and Belichick didn't adjust.   The Boston papers are pretty much going with Brady was seriously hurt the end of the season excuse, but they lost so I am not going to dwell on the reasons for it.

Red Sox season is upon us.   Repeat...repeat....repeat....  :cheersmate:

Agreed the Pats Offensive Line lost that game.
nine eleven is a car