Author Topic: How often do you watch Fox News?  (Read 4807 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: How often do you watch Fox News?
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 05:17:12 PM »
I work 2 1/2 jobs and don't have time to watch fox or any other news channel. I get all my news from conservative cave.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 06:10:24 PM »
I used to try to catch Bret Baier's show every day, but nowadays I'm always busy with other things and rarely watch Fox at all.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 08:42:50 PM »
A little bit more than never, but not much.  I don't have cable--I pay to have garbage hauled away from my house, I'd be a fool to pay to have it piped in.  Not that Fox News is garbage, I'm talking about cable TV in general.  I do watch Fox News if I am staying in a motel or visiting my mother.  And I occasionally catch Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace since I get it for free over the air.   
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »
I work 2 1/2 jobs and don't have time to watch fox or any other news channel. I get all my news from conservative cave.

This would be the post of the day if it could somehow incorporate...
The JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 11:35:45 PM »

What is 1/2 a job?  A job half done?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 11:38:55 PM »
I gave up TV and cable. No FOX for me. I watched the elections live online.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2015, 12:19:32 AM »
What is 1/2 a job?  A job half done?
I work for the Anaheim Angels during baseball season. The season is approximately 6 months therefore I count it as a half job.

Police lives matter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 12:46:54 AM »
I work for the Anaheim Angels during baseball season. The season is approximately 6 months therefore I count it as a half job.

Setting off fireworks for home runs or after a win?

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »
Setting off fireworks for home runs or after a win?

yep.  We shoot during the National Anthem, Player introductions, any homerun for the Angels and a victory volley of the Angels win.

This was a shot that captured a comet just leaving the tube during the Anthem on opening day

On the subject of watching Fox News. I find it interestnig that the majority of us conservative knuckledraggers on this site don't watch Fox on a regular basis or at all. This kinda shoots down the DUmmies claim that we are a bunch of brainwashed zombies who have to turn to Fox for our daily instructions on how to think and who to hate.

Police lives matter.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 03:01:26 PM »

Majority of hot women are Conservative/Republican.  Did you know that?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 11:37:53 PM »
I get my news from Drudge.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2015, 02:51:41 PM »
I might turn to Fox News on election day.  Perhaps if there is breaking news during the rare times I'm home.

Did discover a really cool overnight radio show about a year ago, Red Eye Radio based out of DFW but is a national broadcast.  It is on from midnight to 5 am Central time.  The best part is their smartphone app.  They post podcasts every morning following their show.  You can listen to five hours without commercials as they are edited out, which cuts the time down to about 3 hours.

The two hosts are very entertaining, and their beliefs would fit in well here.  It is a show very unlike Rush, Savage, Levin...all of whom I listen to occasionally.  Check it out.

Ralphie's 2 cents.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 03:17:46 PM »
Megan EOM.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »
Majority of hot women are Conservative/Republican.  Did you know that?

present company included of course!  :naughty:
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 12:08:18 AM »
Rarely have watched Fox or other news programs after Mitt lost. Started paying attention since the debate. Heck, I was surprised that CNN treated Trump fairly. Must have to do with dollar signs. 

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 12:49:15 AM »
I like Greg Gutfeld and Greta. I catch The Five every now and then.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 05:30:04 AM »
My MIL watches Fox (mainly because I have CNN blocked!  :naughty:) or listens to music on Direct TV, the "boss" watches the local news, other than that, no other sources of news other than the internet.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2015, 09:32:49 AM »

I watch/listen to Megyn Kelly when I can. Everyone else is more or less unwatchable: O'Reilly is too much of a Walter Winchell wannabe, Hannity is the Right's Ed Schultz, and the others are just background noise. I cannot bear to listen to that smarmy ferret Shep Smith at all.

I do not consider any other organization to be news.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2015, 09:49:34 AM »
     I watch/listen to Megyn Kelly when I can. Everyone else is more or less unwatchable: O'Reilly is too much of a Walter Winchell wannabe, Hannity is the Right's Ed Schultz, and the others are just background noise. I cannot bear to listen to that smarmy ferret Shep Smith at all.

I do not consider any other organization to be news.

I like the Five for Gutfield, Guilfoyle, and Tantaros, Megyn, and Greta. I didn't know how I'd take Greta coming from CNN, but she's been one of the most fair and balanced people there. I cannot STAND O'Reilly and Sean kinda gets on my nerves. That's when I watch it, which is rare. I'm normally on my Apple TV watching movies from ITunes, NetFlix, or YouTube videos. It's easier to get news from the internet, even Facebook. News channels will run a story 5000 times in one day. I watched last night because I was waiting for the fireworks in Ferguson.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »
I watch "Occasionally (1-2 days a week)" because that averages to around 5 to 10 days a month. And when I say watch, I mean I might see it for an hour, or it may be for only 5 minutes. But to sit down and watch FN, not really. And certainly not the political stuff at the end of the night. So more accurately, it's maybe 4-5 hours a month total.

Nah, I'd rather find a game to watch or a movie on netflix. Something where I can just zone out and watch things unfold at the end of a busy day.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 10:33:10 AM »
During the day, I have FNC on for background noise, but if something does catch my attention, I go to the internet for more info.  I watch Cavuto and The Five, Greta is okay and Bret Baier is pretty good.

I hardly ever watch Hannity or O'Reilly.  The best part of O'Reilly's show is on Monday when he has Jesse Watter's do his Watter's World segment.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
During the day, I have FNC on for background noise, but if something does catch my attention, I go to the internet for more info.  I watch Cavuto and The Five, Greta is okay and Bret Baier is pretty good.

I hardly ever watch Hannity or O'Reilly.  The best part of O'Reilly's show is on Monday when he has Jesse Watter's do his Watter's World segment.

I guess O'Reilly isn't a straight news program per se, but I can't stand his enormous ego and his incessant references to himself. As for Hannity, he just doesn't seem very smart to me. By the time he comes on, I have other things to do, anyway.

Like most of my CC brethren, I have better things to do than watch television, anyway. This stands in contrast to DU, where they watch more television than my teenagers. I never sat through even five minutes of the Daily Show, nor whatever that other asshole did, and I stopped watching late night television in the early 90's. 
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2015, 12:12:38 PM »
     Like most of my CC brethren, I have better things to do than watch television, anyway. This stands in contrast to DU, where they watch more television than my teenagers. I never sat through even five minutes of the Daily Show, nor whatever that other asshole did, and I stopped watching late night television in the early 90's.

I used to LOVE TLC, Discovery, and the History Channel, but now it's nothing but bullshit shows like Pawn Stars, Hillbilly stuff, etc. I can sit there and watch documentaries on NetFlix all day long. They have a massive collection of documentaries that's continuously growing. I can't stand anything on TV anymore. Every now and then I'll watch something like Poolmaster just to get ideas of what I'll do if I ever hit MegaMillions. If I had thought about it, I would have canceled cable right after the Superbowl and picked it back up this month before college season.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2015, 01:03:29 PM »
I used to LOVE TLC, Discovery, and the History Channel, but now it's nothing but bullshit shows like Pawn Stars, Hillbilly stuff, etc. I can sit there and watch documentaries on NetFlix all day long. They have a massive collection of documentaries that's continuously growing. I can't stand anything on TV anymore. Every now and then I'll watch something like Poolmaster just to get ideas of what I'll do if I ever hit MegaMillions. If I had thought about it, I would have canceled cable right after the Superbowl and picked it back up this month before college season.

TV is bullshit. It's either people pretending to be rich or endless shows with people competing against each other. And at some point, American audiences became completely fine with turning over critique privileges to pissy, faggy British men. Also, cooking shows used to be slightly relaxing, but now it's nothing but assholes trying to impress professional assholes.   
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »
TLC has turned into a carnival side show.  You've got the bearded lady, the giant women, midgets, the morbidly obese, and families with enough kids to start their own sports team.  It's a sad mess.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.