Author Topic: Mike Huckabee Announces His Presidential Campaign  (Read 2799 times)

Offline americanlibertypac

• Probationary (Probie)
Mike Huckabee Announces His Presidential Campaign
« on: May 05, 2015, 12:57:15 PM »
The Republican side of the presidential race has gained yet another horse. Mike Huckabee on Tuesday became the sixth Republican to declare his candidacy:

The former Arkansas governor, who ruled in Little Rock for over a decade but left office eight years ago, enters a 2016 field that is crowded and only getting more so. The competition for the nomination is greater than 2008, when Huckabee failed to capitalize on his Iowa victory and ultimately lost out to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. But Huckabee this time around is more prepared for a presidential run, having run before and exponentially raised his name identification and fundraising through fame earned from his popular television and radio programs.

Huckabee launched his campaign from his hometown of Hope, Ark., Tuesday morning. Before the former governor delivered his speech, his campaign’s website was up and running and flashing the message: “Join Our Campaign for President.”

In case you’ve lost track, here’s what the field looks like:

Republicans

Ben Carson
Sen. Ted Cruz
Carly Fiorina
Mike Huckabee
Sen. Rand Paul
Sen. Marco Rubio
Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Sen. Bernie Sanders
Oddly enough, we’re still waiting on official word from more-than-likely big fish Jeb Bush and Martin O’Malley.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Mike Huckabee Announces His Presidential Campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »
Just stop already, Mike.  Go home.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »

He will make sure an establishment candidate gets the nomination like he did last time.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »
He will make sure an establishment candidate gets the nomination like he did last time.

It will sure lean toward that direction, only because Huck makes the Rubios, Carsons, and the other RINOs look positively conservative.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »

He is like Frank Burns from MASH.  Huck honestly THINKS he is Conservative but it is self-delusion.  He is alongside of McCain and Romney on the Mount Rushmore of RINOs.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »
Not seeing the groundswell for Huck.
We already had a Governor from Arkansas as President.
Look how that worked out.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »
He is like Frank Burns from MASH.  Huck honestly THINKS he is Conservative but it is self-delusion.  He is alongside of McCain and Romney on the Mount Rushmore of RINOs.

I dunno about that. While both McCain and Romney eschew religion, indeed avoid discussing it altogether, Huck is the poster child for the evangelicals. On that single point alone, I just can't put Huck in the same camp as the rest of the RINOs.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 01:39:31 PM »
After the base has rejected him TWICE, why would he even consider a third time?

I do, however, agree with Huck on the FairTax. If Cruz or Walker were to endorse that, well, it would just make me that much happier.

Offline the county

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
Yes, a fan of the Fair Tax here, too but I have no idea why he is running for president again:

Everybody in the country is running it seems. I liked Mike better on his cable show where big government conservatism is less harmful.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 11:29:40 PM »
After the base has rejected him TWICE, why would he even consider a third time?

I do, however, agree with Huck on the FairTax. If Cruz or Walker were to endorse that, well, it would just make me that much happier.

I don't see how the fair tax will work in the long term without abolishing the current progressive tax system.
What we will have in the end is both taxes.
That is why I like the idea of the flat tax. It modifies the current progressive tax system.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Belle

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 12:50:43 AM »
In my opinion, Mike isn't really seeking another try in the Presidential race.  He's most likely in it for the limelight & exposure.  I predict as soon as he ends his try, he'll go right back to Faux news.  Mike Huckabee, the big government guy, who never met a tax he didn't want to raise.  He once was a proponent of cap & trade.  Look at all the exposure he'll get by running...& those debates, he can't wait. 
After holding my nose & voting for McAmnesty, & voting for Romney, who went into hiding after he was nominated & fell asleep after the 1st debate, I promised myself I'd never vote for a rino again.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 01:32:39 AM »
In my opinion, Mike isn't really seeking another try in the Presidential race.  He's most likely in it for the limelight & exposure.  I predict as soon as he ends his try, he'll go right back to Faux news.  Mike Huckabee, the big government guy, who never met a tax he didn't want to raise.  He once was a proponent of cap & trade.  Look at all the exposure he'll get by running...& those debates, he can't wait. 
After holding my nose & voting for McAmnesty, & voting for Romney, who went into hiding after he was nominated & fell asleep after the 1st debate, I promised myself I'd never vote for a rino again.

Who are you ?
And what do you mean by faux news ?
There is an introduction thread for new members
Please allow me to introduce you to it.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 11:05:25 AM »
I don't see how the fair tax will work in the long term without abolishing the current progressive tax system.
What we will have in the end is both taxes.
That is why I like the idea of the flat tax. It modifies the current progressive tax system.

One of the preconditions for the FairTax taking effect is repeal of the 16th Amendment. Therefore, no more income tax.

fairtax.org

Offline Belle

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 02:39:09 PM »
Hey, obumazombie, I certainly didn't want to offend at all.  I have lost faith in Fox news being a conservative outlet, that's all, so the Faux is indeed sarcasm & I won't use it again if it offends.  I'm one of those far right wing nuts that the Maverick once referred to.  I believe in discussions minus character assaults, name calling, & keeping the emotional level way down.  I'm a tech dummy, so I'll search for the Introduction thread.  Hope this clears things up.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 05:08:59 PM »
Hey, obumazombie, I certainly didn't want to offend at all.  I have lost faith in Fox news being a conservative outlet, that's all, so the Faux is indeed sarcasm & I won't use it again if it offends.  I'm one of those far right wing nuts that the Maverick once referred to.  I believe in discussions minus character assaults, name calling, & keeping the emotional level way down.  I'm a tech dummy, so I'll search for the Introduction thread.  Hope this clears things up.

Hey, I call it Faux News myself, because it's just another MSM outlet that puts its conservative slant right out front in your face where you can taste it and appreciate it. **** that "fair and balanced" bullshit -- it's neither, and that's just fine by me. When I want a dose of the other claptrap, I go over to the Communist News Network, Huffpo, Daily Kos, or one of those other shitstick operations. It's all the same shit, just wrapped in a different wrapper.

Offline Belle

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 11:23:54 PM »
Eupher, I share your frustration with the news outlets.  Emphasis on opinions & not on objectivity.  & @ times they promote, well, not what I would agree with.  Example:  Pam Geller.  One may not care for her methods, but free speech is protected by the Constitution. Recently, Greta criticized Pam for "jeopardizing the lives of police officers on duty at the event in Garland, Texas." & O'Reilly did likewise:  "Insulting the entire Muslim world is stupid..."
Hey, Fox, we have something called the First Amendment!
When I want intelligent insight I turn to Savage.  Can't get him on the radio, & I can't stay glued to my computer, so I get bits & pieces.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/mike-huckabee-bill-oreilly-greta-van-susteren-wrong/2015/05/06/id/643049/

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »
AFAIC, the talking heads/pundits simply fall in line with the "we have to go along to get along" bullshit. The only pundit I see who "gets it" is Judge Jeanine Pirro. I don't watch much of her as I generally speaking don't watch TV anyway, but her rhetoric is spot on and her demeanor takes no prisoners.