Author Topic: With All The Rape Mines In The Rape Minefield...  (Read 942 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
With All The Rape Mines In The Rape Minefield...
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:45 AM »
There may be one more rape mine to avoid...

Earlier this evening, the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism issued its report on Rolling Stone Magazine's November "A Rape on Campus" story. The report follows up on the magazine's request of Columbia to conduct an independent review of how the disastrously false 9,000-word story made it through to publication. USA Today is reporting that for all the harsh criticism the piece's author and the others at the magazine received, and despite the fact that RS has now formally and fully retracted the story, no one is losing their job or suffering any other visible consequences. In fact, the magazine considers the whole affair "an isolated and unusual episode" : - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2015/04/05/consequence-free-scathing-columbia-report-leads-no-firings-rolling-stone#sthash.T1oyvBpt.dpuf

Full article embedded in quote.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: With All The Rape Mines In The Rape Minefield...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »
If you have to walk through a rape minefield, wear pants.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »
I am still in the process of categorizing this form of rape.
Mine rape.
Imaginary rape.
Pants on rape.
Flagpole rape.
Mud rape.
Spaghetti rape.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
Along similar lines, giving some useful summary info:

16 things we learned from the review of the Rolling Stone gang-rape story
BY ASHE SCHOW
washingtonexaminer.com
APRIL 5, 2015 | 10:37 PM
Rolling Stone has published the Columbia Journalism Review's autopsy of the magazine's now officially retracted article about an alleged gang rape at the University of Virginia.
Now that the review has been published, here are 16 things we have learned:

1. What happened to the bloodied red dress?

One of the biggest questions remaining from the original RS report was whatever happened to the red dress Jackie wore the night of the alleged attack. The dress was supposed to be covered in blood and ripped due to the broken glass Jackie was allegedly raped upon, yet we never knew what happened to a such a damning piece of evidence.

Jackie told Erdely that her mother had thrown it away.

2. Erdely asked for corroborating evidence – but never got it

"Erdely asked Jackie for introductions to friends and family. She asked for text messages to confirm parts of Jackie's account, for records from Jackie's employment at the aquatic center and for health records. She even asked to examine the bloodstained red dress Jackie said she had worn on the night she said she was attacked," CJR reported.

Jackie confirmed her employment at the aquatic center and provided the name of her roommate, whom she had told about the gang rape late in 2012. Other than that, Jackie was dodgy.
6. Erdely was too "busy" to locate the three friends

Erdely "grew busy reporting on UVA's response to Jackie's case," according to a paraphrase from the CJR. Erdely apparently didn't think it was that important to corroborate Jackie's story with three people who were there shortly after the event took place.
7. Erdely gave the fraternity no details on which to comment

Erdely reached out to Phi Psi to get a comment for her article. She sent a two-sentence e-mail: "I've become aware of allegations of gang rape that have been made against the UVA chapter of Phi Kappa Psi. Can you comment on those allegations?" ...
16. No one is getting fired
Not Erdely, not her editors, not the fact checkers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »
The people most affected by the hit piece get shafted with no apologies...

The Rolling Stone reporter who wrote the discredited and retracted story about a brutal gang rape at a University of Virginia frat house issued a formal apology for her mistakes Sunday, but while she apologized to several groups of people — including rape victims who may now fear telling their stories — she did not apologize specifically to members of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity.

“I want to offer my deepest apologies: to Rolling Stone’s readers, to my Rolling Stone editors and colleagues, to the UVA community, and to any victims of sexual assault who may feel fearful as a result of my article,” Sabrina Rubin Erdely wrote in a statement published by the New York Times.

full article...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/06/rolling-stone-reporters-apology-for-retracted-gang-rape-story-was-missing-a-very-important-group-of-people/

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 11:37:36 AM »
The people most affected by the hit piece get shafted with no apologies...

full article...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/06/rolling-stone-reporters-apology-for-retracted-gang-rape-story-was-missing-a-very-important-group-of-people/

Well, she may have some lawsuit exposure, and thus limiting what she says to/about them. UV and its president probably did worse, and despite knowing the story is false, haven't - AFAIK - reversed what they did based on that false story.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:19:49 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 11:46:54 AM »
Does this mean people will finally stop taking Rolling Stone seriously?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »
Does this mean people will finally stop taking Rolling Stone seriously?

I see what you did there...

Gang of Zero rape.
All the rape that fits rape.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 12:56:54 PM »
I am still in the process of categorizing this form of rape.
Mine rape.
Imaginary rape.
Pants on rape.
Flagpole rape.
Mud rape.
Spaghetti rape.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I am kinda partial to fart rape myself.