Author Topic: William Hay's "Experimenting on a Small Planet"  (Read 68203 times)

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Re: William Hay's "Experimenting on a Small Planet"
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »
I'm glad you 2 dogs are on our side.

Careful there, I think the other BD may be a mole.  Word to the wise.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2015, 03:58:38 PM »
Careful there, I think the other BD may be a mole.  Word to the wise.

I'm not a mole, I'm a Bull Mastiff.

Sue said so!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »
Sue said so!

And they called Billy-Bob the horndog.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2015, 04:08:07 PM »
And they called Billy-Bob the horndog.

If all the cavers had to have a dog nickname, mine would be ozombie dog.
Big Dog already has a dog nickname.
That leaves horndog available for another caver.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 04:45:00 PM »
My only comment (as I warned ahead of time):

Redefining a word to suit your purposes does not make it correct.
Please feel free to show me a definition of climate that includes 30-day predictions.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »
Nor is lying.  If such "panels" existed...

Did I say three panels? I was wrong -- there were eight. All eight exonerating the East Anglia Climate Unit of any wrong doing.

It's not my job to educate you. Do your own research.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2015, 05:08:23 PM »
My only comment (as I warned ahead of time):
Please feel free to show me a definition of climate that includes 30-day predictions.

You're the one who has consistently said you don't have to prove or show anything.  The mere fact that it dribbles out of your pie hole makes it undisputable fact.

I'm still trying to figure out what you were trying to accomplish with this thread.  You aren't going to convert anyone here and conservatives have always disputed the religion of climate diversity.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
Did I say three panels? I was wrong -- there were eight. All eight exonerating the East Anglia Climate Unit of any wrong doing.

It's not my job to educate you. Do your own research.

Doesn't work that way here, DUmmie.  You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you to back it up.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2015, 05:23:24 PM »
Doesn't work that way here, DUmmie.  You made the claim, the burden of proof is on you to back it up.

Buzzie is a special flower and, gets to make up his own rules.  Seems he thinks "climate" only applies to the future not the past nor the present.  In other words he's over his head as far as this subject goes.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »
In other words he's over his head as far as this subject goes.

Every DUmmie that slithers out of $kinner's asylum finds out very fast that their bullshit doesn't play very well in the real world.  Which is why I love seeing them come over here and learn the hard way.

I liken them to hood rats that try and bluster their way out of a situation where their alligator mouths badly overloaded their hummingbird asses.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2015, 05:52:46 PM »
It's going to work this time.

If you want to be part of this, bring something. Open your browser to Wikipedia and look it up. Verify the results you find by following the references. You will see that I am right. And, if you disagree with what you read, prove it wrong, but only for yourselves because I am done with this.

I am not here to educate you or do your work. If you disagree with that notion, tough shit.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2015, 06:13:50 PM »

If you want to be part of this, bring something. Open your browser to Wikipedia and look it up. Verify the results you find by following the references. You will see that I am right. And, if you disagree with what you read, prove it wrong, but only for yourselves because I am done with this.

I am not here to educate you or do your work. If you disagree with that notion, tough shit.

Wikipedia is a lib hack site.
I wouldn't trust a thing they publish there.
If you have a "smidgen" of honesty, you wouldn't either.

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »

No shit!  You are here to spew progressive propaganda and pretty much lie about who you voted for etc. etc.  Since nobody here believes anything you say, exactly what are you here to accomplish.  Go sell your weak tea over at the DUmp.

Since you said you are done with this, I'll understand if you don't come back with a lame reply. 

But you will, won't you buzzie.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2015, 08:06:02 PM »

Actually it's not going to work this time.

As stated, the burden is on you for the accusation you've made.

Instead of being on the defensive attack, maybe you should try debate.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2015, 08:38:01 PM »
Why are you wasting your time with this illiterate?

He could not answer my simple questions about science.

He can repeat talking points but he doesn't know ANYTHING about real science.

And thus he is unworthy of any more time on his alleged "talks" with scientists (yeah, that happened) nor his understanding of science nor the scientific method.  He understands science the same way a monkey understands that a banana appeared in his hand through a string attached to a stick.  Actually, the monkey is smarter is it sees the correlation.

bzc -- you are a liar and posuer.  You can't put up and you certainly won't shut up.

In other words, a liberal.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:41:37 PM by freedumb2003b »
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
What a crew. "Let's dwell on tangential topics so that we can avoid talking about the science, because, when it comes to the science, we have nothing to contribute."

So, you people are fully able to scour the archives of DU to find every comment I've ever made, but incapable of performing the simplest Google search to determine whether or not the scientists of the East Anglia Climate Research Unit have ever been exonerated for  "Climategate"? What bullshit. I am not at all surprised by anything but the depth of immaturity displayed by all of you.

So, here you go -- before you hold your collective breaths and turn blue in the face:

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/climategate-inquiry-largely-clears-scientists/

In its report, the committee said that, as far as it was able to ascertain, “the scientific reputation of Professor Jones and CRU remains intact,” adding that nothing in the more than 1,000 stolen e-mails, or the controversy kicked up by their publication, challenged scientific consensus that “global warming is happening and that it is induced by human activity.”

http://www.uea.ac.uk/documents/3154295/7847337/SAP.pdf/a6f591fc-fc6e-4a70-9648-8b943d84782b

We saw no evidence of any deliberate scientific malpractice in any of the work
of the Climatic Research Unit and had it been there we believe that it is likely
that we would have detected it. Rather we found a small group of dedicated if
slightly disorganised researchers who were ill-prepared for being the focus of
public attention. As with many small research groups their internal procedures
were rather informal.

Less than ten minutes, children.

So, do carry on with your empty insults and other demonstrations of intellectual impotency. I won't be back on this thread to read your comments because you already have demonstrated that which I already knew.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2015, 08:42:13 PM »
What a crew. "Let's dwell on tangential topics so that we can avoid talking about the science, because, when it comes to the science, we have nothing to contribute."

So, you people are fully able to scour the archives of DU to find every comment I've ever made, but incapable of performing the simplest Google search to determine whether or not the scientists of the East Anglia Climate Research Unit have ever been exonerated for  "Climategate"? What bullshit. I am not at all surprised by anything but the depth of immaturity displayed by all of you.

So, here you go -- before you hold your collective breaths and turn blue in the face:

So, do carry on with your empty insults and other demonstrations of intellectual impotency. I won't be back on this thread to read your comments because you already have demonstrated that which I already knew.

Answer my questions or admit you are fraud, liar.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »

How science works is on point.  Awaiting your answers.

So the other paid off academics cleared the paid off academics.  Still not science and 100% political (so much for your pure science feeble attempt at argumentation).

Even less for you to be exposed a talking-points-repeater with no knowledge of science.

IOW, you can't actually deal with real science so, once again, you run away.

No surprises anywhere here.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2015, 10:02:55 PM »

What's one more lie among friends eh buzzinator.

Any way I called it and you came back parroting your talking points.  The total "science" you have "discussed" is nothing more than standard alarmist dogma.  Those here with actual scientific experience have knocked the snot out of you.

Now you are just making a bigger fool of yourself.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
After my challenge of his "knowledge" he won't be back.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
After my challenge of his "knowledge" he won't be back.

Yeah, he will.  Can't help himself, he's just that stupid

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »
Yeah, he will.  Can't help himself, he's just that stupid
He is busy researching talking points.  To those of us who KNOW science it will be like a first grader reciting Chaucer phonetically.

If he comes back be prepared for huge amusement.

Offline Bad Dog

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2015, 10:57:32 PM »
He is busy researching talking points.  To those of us who KNOW science it will be like a first grader reciting Chaucer phonetically.

If he comes back be prepared for huge amusement.

Good luck but, I think he will just keep ignoring or refusing to answer any question as a matter of principle (works great for democrat politicos).  He's what Gruber was talking about when he referred to the “stupidity of the American voter”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2015, 11:28:35 PM »
I'm up to section 10.6, about one third of the way through -- page 305 in the hard bound version.

I posted this thread hoping to generate a discussion. Don't read the book. Don't enter the discussion. I don't care.

OK.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2015, 12:22:47 AM »
Quote from: BuzzClik on April 04, 2015, 03:39:14 PM
I'm up to section 10.6, about one third of the way through -- page 305 in the hard bound version.

I posted this thread hoping to generate a discussion. Don't read the book. Don't enter the discussion. I don't care.

Well, we do have to admit he is slogging through dogma.  Sort of like "Mein Kampf" without all that German.  I think Page 305 is where he declares all Jews as against all Germans (but that might only be the hard cover version).

Science is irrelevant, knowledge is irrelevant, appeal to authority -- now THAT is relevant (/liberal groupmindthink)