Author Topic: Don't Run Away, BuzzClik. I have a question for you.  (Read 6379 times)

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Don't Run Away, BuzzClik. I have a question for you.
« on: April 04, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
Buzzy, you are trying to avoid a lot of inconvenient truth here at the Cave. Do you have the cojones to answer this question?

Given: A homosexual owns a custom cake making business in Topeka, Kansas . If Shirley Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church walked into his shop and ordered a cake decorated with an upside-down US flag and a cross dripping blood, and the words 'God Hates Fags', would that baker be obligated to make that cake?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Don't Run Away, BuzzClik. I have a question for you.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »
Or even us.

The Phelps clan is not liked in the least in conservative circles (conservatives are the ones known as Patriot Riders keeping the Phelps from disrupting veteran funerals).

Should conservatives have the right to refuse service to the Phelps House of Inbred Hatred based solely on the religion of the Phelps...even though religion is a defined class in federal law (unlike faggotry, which is imposed by the judiciary).
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »
Or, .........

I answered this one on a previous thread.

No, the Muslim baker -- under laws in most states -- cannot discriminate against people for sexual orientation. They are subject to legal action.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:57 AM »
Buzzy, you are trying to avoid a lot of inconvenient truth here at the Cave. Do you have the cojones to answer this question?

Given: A homosexual owns a custom cake making business in Topeka, Kansas . If Shirley Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church walked into his shop and ordered a cake decorated with an upside-down US flag and a cross dripping blood, and the words 'God Hates Fags', would that baker be obligated to make that cake?
Pretty weak, Big Dog. Maybe this should be in the Mind Numbing Stupidity forum. But, since you squeezed it out here, I'll answer:

The pizza parlor announced that they were going to take advantage of the new Indiana law and discriminate against gays when it came to providing services. Refusing to construct a cake that you describe doesn't fall under the same category of discrimination. Bakers are not obligated to put whatever level of obscenity on a cake a customer wants. Refusing to put "God Hates Fags" or the other sh*t you described is within the baker's rights.

There's my answer.

As for running away -- I'm still here. If you post something interesting (or dirt stupid), I might reply. Or not.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 11:17:38 AM »
typical DUmmy bullshit

Typical DUmnyhood, Buzz. I asked you a question with a simple yes-or-no answer, and you blah-blah-blahed your way in a circle.

Let's try this again.  If Shirley Phelps walked into a homosexual-owned bakery and ordered a custom cake decorated with an upside-down US flag, a bloody cross, and the words 'God Hates Fags', would that baker be obligated to make and decorate that cake?

Yes, or no?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »
Try your best to focus, lib.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 11:27:30 AM »
Typical DUmnyhood, Buzz. I asked you a question with a simple yes-or-no answer, and you blah-blah-blahed your way in a circle.

Let's try this again.  If Shirley Phelps walked into a homosexual-owned bakery and ordered a custom cake decorated with an upside-down US flag, a bloody cross, and the words 'God Hates Fags', would that baker be obligated to make and decorate that cake?

Yes, or no?
no

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 11:29:19 AM »
I answered this one on a previous thread.

No, the Muslim baker -- under laws in most states -- cannot discriminate against people for sexual orientation. They are subject to legal action.
But why aren't the Muslim bakers getting death threats from the liberal brownshirts? Why isn't some lesbian golf coach tweeting out an invitation to burn down their business? Haven't checked, but are there hate messages on their Facebook page?

Seems to me, it's only Christians that you people want to destroy. It's only Christianity that you would like to see changed to fit your views.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »
When we are talking about the bakery we’re talking about someone providing or denying a service. Let’s just forget about the bakery and focus on providing or denying a service.

I claim to have been born right-wing just like a homosexuals claims to have been born homosexual. Should DU be allowed to deny me a service based on my right-wingism? If so, why?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 12:26:20 PM »
no

Why not? What is your reasoning for denial? Take into consideration that the WBC's "religious beliefs", repugnant as they are, are Constitutionally-protected. Are you saying that service providers have a right to refuse service if they find the service personally offensive?

Since you stated that the design of the cake would be obscene, let's change the scenario. It's just a regular cake, one that could be purchased at any particular supermarket with a bakery, but the WBC has come to THIS specific bakery due to the sexual orientation of the owner, in order to add insult to injury. Is the baker within their rights to refuse service?

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 12:37:52 PM »
Pretty weak, Big Dog. Maybe this should be in the Mind Numbing Stupidity forum. But, since you squeezed it out here, I'll answer:

The pizza parlor announced that they were going to take advantage of the new Indiana law and discriminate against gays when it came to providing services. Refusing to construct a cake that you describe doesn't fall under the same category of discrimination. Bakers are not obligated to put whatever level of obscenity on a cake a customer wants. Refusing to put "God Hates Fags" or the other sh*t you described is within the baker's rights.

There's my answer.

As for running away -- I'm still here. If you post something interesting (or dirt stupid), I might reply. Or not.

No they didn`t,you are a ****ing liar.

Offline Undies

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 12:46:49 PM »

Bha-ha-ha-ha..........That's like telling a dog he is ****ing furry.

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 12:52:22 PM »

Uh, yeah, they did. I provided the video of an interview and the transcription of the exact quote on another thread. Read my words carefully, Carl: they portray what was said with 100% accuracy.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »

There's my answer.

The word "announced" implies that they intended to make an official policy change, something along the lines of posting signs in the door of "effective such and such date, we will no longer serve pizza to the gheys".

There was no announcement. They were targeted by this TV "reporter"/liberal activist (BIRM). You may dispute targeting, but by a quick google search, there are over 200 restaurants in South Bend, the home base of that TV station. I wouldn't expect a reporter from Raleigh to come to Fayetteville where I live for a story unless they were looking for a specific story. You shouldn't either. It's not a reasonable expectation. Therefore, this "reporter" went there looking for this response.

Words mean things, Buzz. When you learn that, you may start to hold your own against us.

BTW, still waiting on your response to the questions I asked. Are you scared to answer them? Or do you concede that your arguments are untenable?

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
Uh, yeah, they did. I provided the video of an interview and the transcription of the exact quote on another thread. Read my words carefully, Carl: they portray what was said with 100% accuracy.
Again a lie.  Do stew beat me to the exposure.
It's a shame that you continue to attempt to deliberately distort the truth.
You're just a troll, buzzy. You're wildly stroking your little nubbin under the table, while pecking at the keyboard with the other hand.
We know you're trolling, DUmmie. We also know you are under the delusion that you're doing a fabulous job. We're deliberately feeding you buzzy. We have a camera under that table, and it's showing any visitors what a true jerkoff, you really are.
Please don't leave, the camera is still running.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 01:32:22 PM »
The word "announced" implies that they intended to make an official policy change, something along the lines of posting signs in the door of "effective such and such date, we will no longer serve pizza to the gheys".

There was no announcement...
You don't like the word "announcement"? Fine, but they said what they said. Period.

BTW, still waiting on your response to the questions I asked. Are you scared to answer them? Or do you concede that your arguments are untenable?
I have no idea what questions you asked. I either missed them or ignored them. Repeat them here or tell me where to look, and I consider answering them.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 01:34:37 PM »

The exact ambush/gotcha situation is well known fool.
They did not seek a camera to declare "Hallelujah,we will not serve the gays".
To represent what happened in the pizza place as anything different is an out and out lie.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »
You don't like the word "announcement"? Fine, but they said what they said. Period.

I have no idea what questions you asked. I either missed them or ignored them. Repeat them here or tell me where to look, and I consider answering them.

No asshole,you misrepresented what happened and declared a falsehood and were called on it.
That makes you a ****ing liar as I said.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »
No asshole,you misrepresented what happened and declared a falsehood and were called on it.
All DUmmies lie...all the time.
This is why we are better than them

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »

Nope. I merely restated what the young woman said on camera, and nothing more. You created to different and incorrect context for my comments in an attempt to disprove me.

She said what she said. That is an indelible fact. She said that if gays came into her pizza place and asked them to sell them pizzas for a gay wedding, they would refuse. That's it. She said it, I quoted her.

There is NOTHING inaccurate in the way I quoted her.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
Nope. I merely restated what the young woman said on camera, and nothing more. You created to different and incorrect context for my comments in an attempt to disprove me.

She said what she said. That is an indelible fact. She said that if gays came into her pizza place and asked them to sell them pizzas for a gay wedding, they would refuse. That's it. She said it, I quoted her.

You are not even too clever by half mutt.
You said she announced,that is far different then answering a set up,hypothetical question designed to be a "gotcha".

Even in this statement you lie as they were not asked if they would just randomly sell them but if they would provide a catering service.
You are so far in over empty head it is hilarious.  :rotf:

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »

Partial (out of context) quote - accurate, characterization - inaccurate (actually a conscious lie).

Offline BuzzClik

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 02:03:04 PM »
You are not even too clever by half mutt.
You said she announced,that is far different then answering a set up,hypothetical question designed to be a "gotcha".

Even in this statement you lie as they were not asked if they would just randomly sell them but if they would provide a catering service.
You are so far in over empty head it is hilarious.  :rotf:
Okay. I get it.

You're not interested in a discussion at any level.

Done and done.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »
Buzzy, back when you voted for Regan (two times), were you a "Log Cabin" Republican?