Author Topic: DOJ: No contempt charges for former IRS official Lois Lerner  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
DOJ: No contempt charges for former IRS official Lois Lerner
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:50:31 PM »
DOJ: No contempt charges for former IRS official Lois Lerner
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/lois-lerner-no-contempt-charges-justice-department-116577.html

The Justice Department will not seek criminal contempt charges against former IRS official Lois Lerner, the central figure in a scandal that erupted over whether the tax agency improperly targeted conservative political groups.

Ronald Machen, the former U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, told House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) in a seven-page letter this week that he would not bring a criminal case to a grand jury over Lerner’s refusal to testify before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee in March 2014. The House approved a criminal contempt resolution against Lerner in May 2014, and Machen’s office has been reviewing the issue since then.

Color me unsurprised. The Holder DOJ is another front group to stir up a race war the left so wants.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: DOJ: No contempt charges for former IRS official Lois Lerner
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
Yet Senator Robert Menendez is indicted, which is nothing compared to Lois Lerner.

Sen. Robert Menendez indicted on corruption charges
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/menendez-expected-to-be-indicted-as-soon-as-wednesday-sources-say/2015/04/01/623024c6-d86e-11e4-8103-fa84725dbf9d_story.html?hpid=z1

Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) was indicted on federal corruption charges Wednesday, accused of using the influence of his office to advance the business interests of a longtime friend and political supporter in exchange for luxury gifts, lavish vacations and more than $750,000 in campaign donations.​

Federal prosecutors laid out the charges in a 14-count indictment charging Menendez with using his office to help Salomon Melgen, a Florida-based eye doctor with whom Menendez had maintained a long personal and political friendship. Menendez intervened on Melgen’s behalf in at least two disputes, one with federal regulators over Medicare charges and the other involving a bid by Melgen to secure a port-security contract in the Dominican Republic, according to the indictment.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:45 PM »
I really want a conservative elected president. I want investigations done into Holder's actions at the DOJ. From the very beginning, the Obama DOJ has been used to cover the administrations ass.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 04:18:23 AM »
All of the abuses during this owebuma administration are far worse than Watergate.
Libs said they badgered Nixon out of office on principle.
This current administration puts the lie to those assertions.
The scary thing is, there are many libs still around from the Watergate era.
Their silence is deafening.
Such hypocrisy, but when seen in the context of power and agenda, it all makes sense.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »
I really want a conservative elected president. I want investigations done into Holder's actions at the DOJ. From the very beginning, the Obama DOJ has been used to cover the administrations ass.

Nothing would make me happier than to see that smug mustachioed shitstick bent over a bunk being Bubba's bitch.

Well, on second thought I wouldn't actually have to SEE it, just know that it happened.  :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 05:50:19 PM »

Wouldn't a conservative President be able to prosecute all these dropped charges against these officials? Technically, jeopardy hasn't attached since they didn't go to trial.

Wouldn't it be beautiful, a perp walk for Lerner, Koskinen, Holder, et al, for perjury and suborning perjury over the "lost emails"? Just think how the left would lose what minds they have. And the best part is, it would serve as a warning to others.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 07:42:26 PM »
Wouldn't a conservative President be able to prosecute all these dropped charges against these officials? Technically, jeopardy hasn't attached since they didn't go to trial.

Wouldn't it be beautiful, a perp walk for Lerner, Koskinen, Holder, et al, for perjury and suborning perjury over the "lost emails"? Just think how the left would lose what minds they have. And the best part is, it would serve as a warning to others.

If only.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline rifle

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 09:53:16 AM »
If everything is illegal, everyone is a criminal, the government and illegal immigrants don't obey the law, and doing good and doing bad are illegal, why obey the law at all?