Author Topic: Analogy Of The 20 Titanic Lifeboats  (Read 10071 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Analogy Of The 20 Titanic Lifeboats
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:23:19 AM »
An interesting read.  The conclusion is the correct one, IMO . . .

Analogy Of The 20 Titanic Lifeboats

The Titanic had just 20 lifeboats aboard when it sank April 15, 1912.

From a preparedness standpoint, we can draw several practical parallels or analogies from the disaster of the Titanic – and your adherence to the lessons learned will put you in a better place of readiness and safety…

The Titanic was originally fitted with enough lifeboats for more than everyone on board. However the company ordered the removal of two-thirds of them claiming that the 64 lifeboats made the ship look bad.

For this reason, of the 2,223 people on board, 1,517 lost their lives while only 706 survived.

Nearly as alarming was the percentage of lives that survived based on their cabin class.

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/lessons-from-history/analogy-of-the-20-titanic-lifeboats/

Some things never change.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Analogy Of The 20 Titanic Lifeboats
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:38:20 AM »
I was under the impression that not even all the lifeboats  onboard were deployed.
If that was the case having more wouldn't have mattered.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.