Author Topic: Matt Harvey’s perfect return at 99 mph  (Read 9445 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Matt Harvey’s perfect return at 99 mph
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:49:05 AM »
This makes me chuckle, chortle, whatever--with absolute glee.

Matt Harvey’s perfect return at 99 mph

By Mike Puma       March 6, 2015 | 2:01pm

Matt Harvey on Friday against the Tigers.

PORT ST. LUCIE — And then Superman returned.

After waiting 18 ½ months to pitch in a game, Matt Harvey walked to the mound at Tradition Field on Friday and might as well have torn open his shirt to reveal the “S” still exists on his chest.

The Mets ace threw 25 pitches against the Tigers over two perfect innings, hit 99 mph on the radar gun and unleashed a vicious curveball that just didn’t seem fair.

“Things felt so good that the fact I did have surgery is completely out of my mind,” Harvey said on a day the Mets won 5-4 in their exhibition home opener.

Harvey, who hadn’t pitched in a competitive situation since undergoing Tommy John surgery on Oct. 22, 2013, was scheduled to throw 35-40 pitches Friday, but was so efficient he needed only 25 to complete the two innings.

He's baaaaaaaack!  92 wins for the Mets this year.  It's going to be fun! :-) :-) :-)

http://nypost.com/2015/03/06/matt-harveys-perfect-return-three-ks-and-99-mph-heat/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.