Author Topic: Yahoo E-Mail  (Read 5441 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Yahoo E-Mail
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:28:23 PM »
Something is very wrong with my Yahoo e-mail account.  I can see the list of e-mails I have, but cannot read the main body of those e-mails.  I got some pics of Charlie from my sister, and I CAN'T SEE THEM!  :bawl:   Anyone else experiencing this? 

Guess I'll switch over to my college-assigned  GMail account for CC and for everything else.   :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Re: Yahoo E-Mail
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:35:48 PM »
Switch over to Yahoo Classic mail and see if that fixes it.

I have a lot of problems with Yahoo's "fancy" interface.  It sucks.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
Switch over to Yahoo Classic mail and see if that fixes it.

I have a lot of problems with Yahoo's "fancy" interface.  It sucks.

That's what it was set to.  I tried switching to the other version, no luck.  :(

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »
Something is very wrong with my Yahoo e-mail account.  I can see the list of e-mails I have, but cannot read the main body of those e-mails.  I got some pics of Charlie from my sister, and I CAN'T SEE THEM!  :bawl:   Anyone else experiencing this? 

Guess I'll switch over to my college-assigned  GMail account for CC and for everything else.   :(

Click the "Show Images" button.  :uhsure:

:-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
Try a different browser.  If using IE, try Firefox.  Or vice verse.

It could be some new "feature" designed to help some developer and make your life miserable.

Offline guest

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »

Click the "Show Images" button.  :uhsure:

:-)

I did.    :asssmack:     It does show the attachments on the e-mail, but that's it.  The messages that went with it aren't there.

It tries to load a pic, then the window shuts down.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:52:33 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »
I am seeing the same thing -- sort of.

The yahoo mail interface is broken in Firefox.  It works OK in IE.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 06:48:13 PM »

It could be some new "feature" designed to help some developer and make your life miserable.

It's not working in either FF or IE in my case.  :(

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »

Try clearing your cache -- cookies and the like.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »

Did that already.   It didn't change anything. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 06:56:41 PM »

Then I am afraid you'll have to buy a new computer.

Bummer.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 07:00:15 PM »

Then I am afraid you'll have to buy a new computer.

Bummer.

Or I'll just switch over to my GMail account.    :innocent:

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
Yahoo mail is messed up in FireFox for me and is superslow to load with IE.

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 12:11:48 AM »

Your college makes you use GMail?  What, they can't even afford an e-mail server?

Not that I'm advocating this for anyone else, but if I was applying to a college and found out they assigned student GMail accounts, I'd pick another school.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:30 AM »

Your college makes you use GMail?  What, they can't even afford an e-mail server?

Not that I'm advocating this for anyone else, but if I was applying to a college and found out they assigned student GMail accounts, I'd pick another school.

Actually, they used to have their own e-mail server, and it was the worst e-mail I'd ever dealt with (worse than Yahoo.  I kept a Yahoo account around just for that reason, to avoid using the school e-mail).  Apparently someone higher up decided to "outsource" our e-mail.  So far, I've had no problems with it.   GMail is actually a VAST improvement on the old system.    The change happened not long after the spring semester actually began.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »
Just out of curiosity, why can't you make your own Gmail account for your private use?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why can't you make your own Gmail account for your private use?

I probably should have, and likely will.  My Yahoo account is messed up (though it seems the problem was resolved for others I know who had similar trouble.  :whatever: )