Author Topic: Bombarded by the DUmp  (Read 10839 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Bombarded by the DUmp
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:53:17 AM »
At the risk of repeating myself incessantly, I'm probably one of maybe a handful of people who really don't spend any time or energy at the DUmp. I certainly have no objections to those who do enjoy that sort of thing, I'm simply not one of them.

One of my favorite ways of perusing what's new on CC is by using the "Show New Replies to your Posts" button and when I'm done with that, then I go to the "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit."

The "Show Unread Posts...Visit" button is where I have my problem.

When The Great Attack on CC occurred a month or so ago and the system was pretty much rebuilt from the ground up (mucho gracias to miskie for his hard work), I made a request to hide the DUmp from my profile. Miskie fixed that little problem. But when I click on the "Show Unread Posts...Visit" button, what appears appears to be a listing of the most recent posts within all of CC, including those from the DUmp.

As I have no interest in the DUmp, this is disconcerting. I then have to manually search through each individual forum to glean what the latest is.

It would be oh so nice if that button could be fixed to "hide" those forums unwanted to the user.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: Bombarded by the DUmp
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:37:35 AM »
At the risk of repeating myself incessantly, I'm probably one of maybe a handful of people who really don't spend any time or energy at the DUmp. I certainly have no objections to those who do enjoy that sort of thing, I'm simply not one of them.

One of my favorite ways of perusing what's new on CC is by using the "Show New Replies to your Posts" button and when I'm done with that, then I go to the "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit."

The "Show Unread Posts...Visit" button is where I have my problem.

When The Great Attack on CC occurred a month or so ago and the system was pretty much rebuilt from the ground up (mucho gracias to miskie for his hard work), I made a request to hide the DUmp from my profile. Miskie fixed that little problem. But when I click on the "Show Unread Posts...Visit" button, what appears appears to be a listing of the most recent posts within all of CC, including those from the DUmp.

As I have no interest in the DUmp, this is disconcerting. I then have to manually search through each individual forum to glean what the latest is.

It would be oh so nice if that button could be fixed to "hide" those forums unwanted to the user.

Did ya ever get an answer Euph? I might be able to add my expertise.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Bombarded by the DUmp
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »
Did ya ever get an answer Euph? I might be able to add my expertise.

Nope, no answer. I'm just the voice crying out in the wilderness.  :rofl:

The really shitty thing is, when I click on the link "show unread posts since last visit" I get nothing BUT DUmp threads.  :lmao:

Ya think they're trying to tell me something?

I've not been on that much lately anyway -- finishing up my book. I hope to have it to Createspace by the end of the week.  :panic:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.