Author Topic: iPad Air 2 vs. Kindle Fire HDX 8.9  (Read 3824 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
iPad Air 2 vs. Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »
Which would you choose and why?  I'm going to be getting a bit of money from the second job soon, and I want to get a tablet, seeing that I gave my wife a Kindle Fire HD 6 for Christmas (it was inside a leather purse from Duluth Trading Co.), and my daughter a Kurio Xtreme 7.  (Yes, the Kurio has twice the memory of the Fire, but that doesn't come up--yet.)

I'm reading comparisons on the Net and they're pretty evenly matched.  So, I'm turning to all y'all to help me out. :-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ironhorsedriver

Re: iPad Air 2 vs. Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »
I'm on my fire HDX sending this, I love it.;Beats my wifes Samsung and sons IPad,hands down.
I've got the blue tooth keyboard as well. Faster, easier to navigate, for me. Also, using the free dolphin browser, you can use flash. Also like the mayday button, for instant online help.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 08:56:39 PM »
I have a Windows tablet that I like with a magnetically attachable keyboard.  It also has  a USB port and micro SD slot. Both of those allow you to load up music, videos or other files and plug and play.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:56:35 AM »
I talked to a couple of fellow members of my church's music department, and they all have iPads.  So, from the standpoint of having someone do this before you and learning from their mistakes, I'd choose an iPad--a 64 GB one, as one of the people I talked to said that a 16 GB one isn't big enough to have all of his files on it.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »
As it turns out . . . my roof started to leak again (ice dams--it happened twice last year), and I need the money for a few things to keep it from happening again . . . but I am going to get that iPad Air 2 sometime soon.

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 04:02:43 PM »
Okay, it's not an Air 2, but I just ordered an iPad.  It's a refurb, and it should be here by Wednesday.

Chase her.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
Okay, it's not an Air 2, but I just ordered an iPad.  It's a refurb, and it should be here by Wednesday.

Mine has actually come in handy fixing things around the house. Since I'm clueless with most any appliance repair I'll pull up a youtube video on the iPad that shows how to disassemble and reassemble the appliance in question. It beats having to run back and forth between the appliance and the computer.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »
Mine has actually come in handy fixing things around the house. Since I'm clueless with most any appliance repair I'll pull up a youtube video on the iPad that shows how to disassemble and reassemble the appliance in question. It beats having to run back and forth between the appliance and the computer.

I've told my wife that she could use her Fire HD 6 the same way . . . or, more accurately, that I could use her Fire HD 6 the same way . . . :whistling:

Chase her.