Author Topic: Chick-fil-A Owner Declines Homeless Man’s Request to Work for Food ...  (Read 10249 times)

Offline mrclose

Chick-fil-A Owner Declines Homeless Man’s Request to Work for Food, Does Him One Better

The owner of a Birmingham, AL, Chick-fil-A is making the faith-based company proud with his selfless actions and Christian attitude. When Mark Meadows went out of his way to help a local homeless man, he never expected it would garner him national attention.

Meadows took the ‘do unto others’ adage to a whole new level when a homeless man entered the Chick-fil-A store he owns and operates. The downtrodden man offered to work for a hot meal, but Meadows did him one better. He gave him a chicken sandwich and a pair of his own gloves.

A customer who witnessed the inspiring moment snapped a picture and uploaded it to Facebook with this caption:

“I’m a Chick-fil-A fan and have been for years. I trust the food for my son and support companies that are founded on Christian beliefs.

What I saw today just confirms why this chain is so successful — God blesses His people.

My son and I were at the location on Highway 280 in Birmingham, AL when a man came in to escape the 35 degree temps and strong winds with all of his earthly possessions strapped to his back.

Most businesses would force him out, but I watched as the manager walked up to him and asked if he could do anything for him. Before the man could even answer, the manager asked if he had a pair of gloves and walked to the table at which he’d been sitting and picked up his own. As he handed the man his gloves, he asked another employee to get him something to eat.

It was wonderful to see your employees being the hands and feet of Jesus, and that my son was able to witness it all. Thank you for putting your money where your mouth is.

I just learned this man is the owner and that makes it even better IMO.”

Social media blew up with support over Meadows’ actions.

Always humble, Meadows told a local news affiliate, “I just did the right thing. I’m simply awe struck about all this attention.”

This isn’t the first time Meadows has made his mark as a good samaritan, either. IJ Review reports that last year, for instance, when the “Snowpocalypse” blanketed parts of Alabama with snow and stranded motorists along Highway 280, Meadows distributed chicken sandwiches and chicken biscuits free of charge to drivers stuck in their cars.

Share this feel-good story to spread the message of this Chick-fil-A owner’s good works!

http://buzzpo.com/chick-fil-owner-declines-homeless-mans-request-work-food-one-better/

In another outstanding help offered a few days ago to motorists stranded in the snow on a highway near a Chick-fil-A restaurant.....they brought meals and hot drinks to many of the stranded motorists

Icy interstates and highways soon became clogged with cars and trucks. Thousands of motorists soon found themselves stranded with nowhere to go – including many stuck on Highway 280

Some of the drivers had been stuck in their cars for nearly seven hours without any food or water. So the staff of the Chick-fil-A decided to lend a helping hand.

“We cooked several hundred sandwiches and stood out on both sides of 280 and handed out the sandwiches to anyone we could get to – as long as we had food to give out.”

The staffers braved the falling snow and ice, slipping and sliding, as they offered hot juicy chicken breasts tucked between two buttered buns. And Chick-fil-A refused to take a single penny for their sandwiches.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:54:38 AM by mrclose »
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline RobJohnson