Author Topic: how can I  (Read 2306 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
how can I
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:49:19 PM »
Okay, so I still haven't set up the new computer yet, and it's not only because the cats here like slumbering on it.

It's a rather awkward job, changing computers; the space is spacious, the table's big and all that, but this is an ancient jerry-built house.

Meaning placement of electrical outlets and the connection for the internet antenna outdoors are, rather, to put it mildly, awkward.

So I'm still on the old computer.  I'll get around to changing.  Sooner or later.

Anyway, on this computer, Explorer appears to be slowly deteriorating, not allowing me on certain sites, or alleging something "can't be found" when Firefox on this comptuer seems to have no problem letting me go where I want, and finds everything.

When reminded, I've constantly updated Explorer, but the updates don't seem to "take," to "stick."

So then, while I'm still using this old computer, why not use Firefox on it, rather than Explorer.

This is why:

The print's so tiny one can barely read it.

This old monitor is not a large monitor.

On Explorer, I click on something in the lower right-hand corner, to get it to show things "150%"  Easy as strawberries-and-cream.

But I see nothing on Firefox about how to do this there.  Firefox seems adamantly insistent that the whole page show on the screen, even if the text is so microscopic one can't read it.

Thanks.

And by the way, miskie, sir, when convenient for you, we really need to talk about a certain problem with the site--a problem amply on display right here.  This problem never used to exist; yesterday I had to re-format a very long original post of dutch508's because the right-hand half of the text wasn't visible until one scrolled way down to the bottom and moved the horizontal bar.

Trust me, it's a problem.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: how can I
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 05:01:17 PM »
I'm not sure where it's located in the Firefox menu, but if you hold down the Control key and press the + or - keys, it will zoom in and out.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »
#1 top right horizontal bars (menu)

#2 options
#3 default font
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 05:21:39 PM »
You can always try <HELP> then select KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 08:30:14 PM »
I'm not sure where it's located in the Firefox menu, but if you hold down the Control key and press the + or - keys, it will zoom in and out.

Okay, that did it.

On firefox, the upper right-hand corner, behind the three bars logo.

Thanks.
apres moi, le deluge