Author Topic: 2014: Top DUmmie of 2014 (mopinko)  (Read 27969 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
2014: Top DUmmie of 2014 (mopinko)
« on: December 31, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »
One fine balmy day almost two years ago, readers of a certain neighborhood weekly near the southwestern edge of Lake Michigan opened up the latest edition to find this:

Moah's Ark Urban Farm Sprouts Life in Empty Lot

ROGERS PARK — After [name deleted to protect privacy] converted her old Chevy truck into a chicken coop behind her single-family home on [address omitted to protect privacy], she purchased an empty lot one building over and started an urban farm called Moah's Ark.

"[The lot] has been sitting here empty for a long time, so I think everyone had their little fantasy of what they could do with it," said [name deleted], wearing overalls in front of a temporary greenhouse filled with basil and tomato seedlings.

The rest of her farm, at [address deleted], nestled between two-flat apartment buildings, has been a work in progress since [name deleted] and her husband purchased the property two years ago for $125,000.

Near the street, [name deleted], layered twigs, logs and other plant debris — dropped off by neighborhood landscapers — to create a long-lasting fertilizer base.

She said it'll be 15 years before the debris completely breaks down, but in the meantime, she hopes to plant apple trees and other permanent crops to
create a small orchard. By the alleyway, she has plans to build a 20-by-40-foot barn.

[name deleted] describes the farm as her "brick-and-mortar retirement plan."

"I'm going to sit on my rocking chair under the eaves of my barn and talk to my chickens," the [age deleted]-year-old said. "I'm really into this for the solitude."

Her 10 chickens live behind her house and split their time between bobbing around the backyard and laying eggs in the Chevy truck.

The former art student, who sports a few dreadlocks in her short, white hair, raised five kids in [neighborhood deleted]. [name deleted] said she grew up in [name of town deleted], where as a child she gardened with her dad.

Now she spends every day working on her farm — although she's quick to point out that she doesn't fit a crop-tending stereotype.

"I'm not one of those 4-o'clock-in-the-morning farmers," she said. "I sleep too much."

Her neighbor's reactions toward the urban farm have been mixed, she said.

"It runs from they think I've completely lost my mind this time to this is the coolest thing [they've] ever heard of," she said.

[name of neighbor deleted], [age of neighbor deleted], has lived next door to the lot for [number of years deleted] years with her husband and four children.

"[name deleted] has been so gracious," she said. "She's done quite a bit to revitalize the land."

[name of neighbor deleted] said the lot had been unkempt before [name deleted] took over, and she's happy that her kids can see something not usually done in an urban environment.

"Living in a big city like Chicago, they go to school and tell their friends — and they don't believe it," she said. "We love it."

- - - - - - - - - -

Never let a primitive allege franksolich isn’t respectful of privacy.

Anyway, this folks, is the Top DUmmie of 2014; the cream of the crop, the sans peer, the ne plus ultra, the außergewöhnlich, the extraordinario, the eccezionale of Skins’s island this past year--the unsurpassable Big Mo, the “mopinko” primitive.

- - - - - - - - - -

Big Mo’s about 60 years old, having subtracted a few years for the newspaper reporter, with a soon-to-be-ex-husband and three daughters.

She got into deep doo-doo with the primitives earlier this year:

mopinko (42,800 posts)    Fri Jun 13, 2014, 01:29 AM

This message was self-deleted by its author

This message was self-deleted by its author (mopinko) on Sat Jun 14, 2014, 09:55 PM. When the original post in a discussion thread is self-deleted, the entire discussion thread is automatically locked so new replies cannot be posted.

537 replies, 24273 views

But fortunately, the DUmpster, always performing a public service for the Good of Humanity, had saved what’d been erased over there:

mopinko (41,302 posts)   Fri June 13, 2014, 01:29 AM

well, i narced out my tenant. leaving the kids home alone while she works.

not a bad person. a home health aid. single mom with 2 sweet boys.

works the graveyard shift and has gone through several roommates to have
someone there while the kids are sleeping.

but i know that she has no one now most nights.

then she comes home and sleeps, while the 5 yo is stuck in the house with the shades down.

and she has had the gas turned off since march, meaning no hot water and no cooking gas. i have tried to hook her up with some help, but she is pretty, well, not working it.

microwave cooking, period.

plus, she is just not a good mom. i try to get her to let the little one hang out with me, and she just wont let him.

so, of course, the usually not there roommate turned out to be home tonight when i called the cops to report them home alone.

but she backed me up, and told them that she was leaving at 6, and mom did not get off till 7.

they said they couldnt do anything, but i made it clear that i expected to see the there at 6 am.

sarge is still sitting in front of the house, tho, and talking to dcfs.

fun times. great to be a property owner!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025090842
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=96622.0

After initial kind words from CaliforniaPeggy, it turned pretty sour for Big Mo pretty quickly, the primitives ganging up on her.  And her good pal Skippy, betraying a lack of masculine gallantry, took a Hell of a long time coming to her defense.

If one wants the full version, it’s miles and miles long, but it’s well worth the time.  For the Reader’s Digest condensed version, the thread here in the DUmpster’s recommended.

- - - - - - - - - -

And there was this going on too:

"farmin' with Big Mo"
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=96639.0

“an open letter to mopinko”
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=98511.0

franksolich
Scourge of the Primitives

an open letter to mopinko
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »

Hiya, mopinko, Big Mo!

How’s it hanging, Sweets?

Alas, it doesn’t look as if things are going particularly well for you at the moment, Sweets, given all your problems with the housing and zoning authorities in Chicago.

However, I urge you to be of good cheer; it’s through adversity that one learns, and prospers.

But Sweets, dear, I continued to be utterly mystified about something. This reminds me of your late colleague grouchy old Don, “NNN0LHI,” who was constantly thwarted by the machine in his attempts to enjoy a comfortable retirement. Grouchy old Don had supported the machine all through his adult years, and perhaps supposed that if he took care of the machine, the machine would take care of him.

Yeah, right.

In grouchy old Don’s case, he learned a certain lesson far too late in life.

Now Sweets, when are you going to get around to seeing the light; that your unconditional and unceasing support for a corrupt Democrat machine, is exactly, precisely, the root cause of your problems?

The machine cares about only itself and its operators; it doesn’t give a damn about common ordinary average run-of-the-mill citizenry trying to express themselves in their pursuit of harmless activities, in your case, attempting urban agriculture.

And if the machine can make money off of harassing people such as yourself, it will.

Sweets, you’ve got to consider voting the machine-free straight (R) ticket this November.

Otherwise, your world’ll never change.

- - - - - - - - -

To make a long story short, it was too much to expect Big Mo to vote non-machine this past election; she pulled the lever for the straight (D) ticket.

Some people got only themselves to blame for their problems.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:54:51 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: 2014: Top DUmmie of 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »
It wasn`t my pick for DOTY but hard to argue that it is undeserving.
Mo is everything the DUmp is rolled into one,ugly,hate filled,vindictive,shit house rat crazy and self absorbed.
May 2015 bring you nothing but the suffering and misery you inflict on others returned to you 10 fold Mo.  :cheersmate:

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 11:07:45 PM »
Great choice!

My one complaint, and please forgive me that, is that her name shouldn't be deleted...men's names are put out there, so what's good for the goose should be out there as well.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »
Great choice!

My one complaint, and please forgive me that, is that her name shouldn't be deleted...men's names are put out there, so what's good for the goose should be out there as well.

A quick Google search of the headline takes you right to it. All the info one could ever want.  :-)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 11:14:09 PM »
Karma is the theme.

The mopinko primitive is stupid, ugly, hate filled, worthless, and vulgar. And that's her best features. She turns in a tenant to social services, and life comes back to bite her as the city will pop her with violation after violation until it's not worth the time and effort to keep her beloved urban farm. Serves her right; losing her trash heap "farm" is a light sentence for trying to have someone's children taken away. There's more bad headed her way, and rightfully so. Much more. And she deserves every miserable second of it.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 11:14:59 PM »
I will admit I had a hard time choosing DOTY. Too many to choose from. Mopinko is a piece of work.  :mental:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:39:48 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »
Looks like there will be extra champagne poured in the Chevy truck chicken coup tonight.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »

The mopinko primitive is stupid, ugly, hate filled, worthless, and vulgar.

And that's what makes her a valid choice for Top DUmmy.

I strongly preferred the crazy bald dwarf, but Big Mo is a legitimate winner.

After two awful elections, finally, at last, a lunatic worthy of the title "Top DUmmy" ascends the throne.

Big Mo, all aquiver and flush with victory, doesn't realize it but her problems at the DUmp are just starting.

Offline GOBUCKS

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »
MoStinko has exhibited psychotic behavior lately. Perhaps she felt safer to make a run now that teh grate omni-impotent gNads, was no longer a DUnce contributor.
Good on ya, MoStinko, I hope the community fines your sorry flaccid as$ into oblivion .   :loser:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 12:35:14 AM »
Congrats Mo!  scumm of the earth!

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 12:54:55 AM »

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 01:39:03 AM »
It wasn`t my pick for DOTY but hard to argue that it is undeserving.
Mo is everything the DUmp is rolled into one,ugly,hate filled,vindictive,shit house rat crazy and self absorbed.
May 2015 bring you nothing but the suffering and misery you inflict on others returned to you 10 fold Mo.  :cheersmate:

According to Mo she was married until recently.

Whomever promised her "I do" needs to be nominated for sainthood.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 07:06:01 AM »
I neglected to include a note of gratitude into the final award, this award.

First of all, my heartfelt thanks to Mr. Wiggum, who first created the Top DUmmies way back a long time ago, at our old home; this was the 10th such event.

In fact, nearly all the credit goes to Mr. Wiggum, who counts the votes; he was the one who inspired, the spark that ignited.

When I was a reader, and not a writer of the awards, I used to look at Mr. Wiggum's releases as Christmas presents being unwrapped; they were all delightful.

This is why Mr. Wiggum, and not franksolich, still counts the votes; I like surprises, and even though obviously I get them a few days before everybody else, it's still, well, kind of nice to be surprised.

Second of all, my heartfelt thanks to BattleHymn, who this year became the "idea man" for the Top DUmmies, giving this writer all the ideas for writing the awards (excepting for the franksolich, which is totally mine).

This alleviated a great deal of stress when compared with past years; I of course can formulate ideas, but I'd just as soon not; I'd just as soon someone else tell me what to do, and go out and do it.

Probably a consequence of being the next-to-the-last child in a very large family.

My personal thanks to my fellow Nebraska Sandhillsian and very good friend dutch508 who, when at the last moment, the last award of the series, this one, immediately flew in to offer his assistance about it, after I'd found myself, uh, somewhat intellectually incapacitated.

I was tempted, but in the end decided it was my job.  However, I appreciated dutch508's kind gesture very much.

I find it ironic--and perhaps even funny--that franksolich, when writing about one of the biggest users of pharmaceuticals on Skins's island, was temporarily under the influence of drugs myself.

I guess it turned out okay, but I'd just as soon write, and post, with a clear head.

I also need to thank all those who nominated, voted, and commented, in this series of seventeen awards.  Keep up the good work! it's invaluable, what you all do.

Finally, I wish to thank all the primitives on Skins's island, who so enthusiastically provide much innocent merriment and entertainment for decent and civilized people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 07:38:24 AM »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 07:56:12 AM »
Great choice!

Given my experiences during the Scamdal almost ten years ago, I'm, uh, rather hypersensitive about allegations of "stalking." 

Such allegations of course are pure nonsense, but still, they're an irritation.

I'm especially sensitive to the fears of a woman being stalked by a man, which is why I tend to be much more careful when dealing with primitive femmes, so as to not give any impression--a wholly unfair and inaccurate one--that I'm "stalking" them.

Primitive men--Atman, for example, or Skippy--I don't care whatever impression I give.  They're guys, I'm a guy, and so we're more evenly matched.  I'm "picking on" someone my "own size."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 08:36:05 AM »
Congratulations to Mo the Crazy Chicken Witch of  Cook County. You did it!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 10:59:15 AM »
http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20141105/rogers-park/urban-farmer-cited-again-for-weeds-rats-on-third-property-on-touhy

That was a hilarious read.  Also:

If her contributions to the Mile of Murals project are anything like her inane, poorly punctuated and never capitalized blog comments, it may be even longer before the project is completed

At least she's consistent.

Offline BattleHymn

Re: 2014: the franksolich
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 11:04:01 AM »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: 2014: the franksolich
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 11:12:26 AM »
From digging at Gobuck's link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080509065202/http://pinkobuttons.com/about.html

how i became a button pusher

my first experience with politics was a running argument with a friend in high school over the nixon-humphrey race. not that i was passionate about hubert, i just hated dick. although i lost the argument in the short term, nixon's eventual resignation was one of the best birthday presents i have ever had. i never forgot the lessons in democracy of that time.

i have often found myself in 'hold your nose' mode in the voting booth. but i truly liked bill clinton. i still believe in make love, not war. that was what i voted for. i was furious at his impeachment, not just at the architects of the effort, but at the electorate that swallowed the thin disguise pasted on the attempted coup. i wanted to scream from the roof tops. i wanted to grab strangers by the lapels, and yell in their faces. how could people be so blind?

when the florida debacle occurred, my frustration began to boil over. as i watched the hijacking, i wondered, how can we ever criticize the mugabes, the baby docs, the daleys, the tin pot dictators of the world, as they steal elections. what i wanted to tell the crooks was this- the whole world is watching. i began to fantasize, not of homicide, but of buttons. i dreamed of making buttons with this slogan, hundreds of them, and deploying them, guerilla style, in the dark of night, in the commuter train stations in the cozy, republican suburbs near me, sticking them anywhere they could stick. it was a dream of infecting sleeping minds with the virus of clarity and common sense.

as the war drums gained volume, the fantasy surfaced again. after attending the october peace march in d.c., it just had to become a reality, or i was going to explode. when i got back home, as soon as i had some sleep, and unwound the kinks in my back from the bus ride, i hit the internet looking for a button machine i could afford. i bought an inexpensive plastic model, and what seemed like an impossible to use up supply of 1,000 parts. it didn't take long to go through those parts. it seemed like i had nearly 1,000 things to say. with photoshop, my inkjet, and google image search, i was off. it was probably the most satisfying thing i have ever done. i gave the buttons away as fast as I could make them, passing them out to nearby friends, mailing them to those far away, offering them on chatrooms that i frequented, even those that had nothing to do with politics. if you commented on one of the half dozen or so buttons that i was wearing at all times, i was thrilled to whip it off and hand it to you. i posted a note on the code pink website, offering free buttons. i sent batches to peace groups that sold them to raise money for their cause. they traveled to a half dozen states, and to the very republican suburbs that I had dreamed of infecting. i tried to keep them free, but several art galleries asked to sell them, so i let them charge for them. after about 5,000 give-aways, i had to start asking for money myself. i had to replace the inexpensive machine, because i had beaten it to death. and i had the chance to buy a second-hand color laser, so they no longer faded in the sun, or melted in the rain

at a recent dean meetup, the two organizers told this story, which showed me that my venture is absolutely worthwhile- the two women had been friends for quite a while. both were business owners who lunched regularly to commiserate and brainstorm about business issues. then one day one of them showed up for lunch wearing a "no war" button. business was forgotten, and political action took over their relationship. i can only hope that someone wearing one of my buttons has had a similar epiphany.

i have probably invested more money than i will ever recover, but it is not about the money. it is about sharing ideas with people, whether they buy a button, or just pour over them, nodding yes and chuckling, or visiting this web site.

i can't wait to count the hits.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »
Crazy old Mo. She going to get her land taken away by the city for uncountable violations.
Her defense of weeds is unbelievable.
She will end up homeless, and incarcerated in an insane asylum somewhere.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »
Uh oh. 

Congratulations, Big Mo! 

DOTY winners never fare well after their win.

That of course isn't the intention of the Top DUmmie awards--we want them to keep producing, for yet more entertainment--but it does seem an unrelated consequence.

Top DUmmies
2005 Distressed American
2006 WilliamPitt
2007 TomInTib
2008 TomInTib
2009 greenbriar (demtenjeep)
2010 Proud2BLibKansan
2011 nadinbrzezinski
2012 BanTheGOP
2013 DainBramaged

Only the Bostonian Drunkard still remains--nowhere else to go--and while Pamela's still around, it's only very rarely.  I wish they wouldn't evaporate like this.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 11:40:06 AM »
I don't like to break my arm patting myself on the back, but I do want to pat myself on the back.
As far as I know I was the first to predict that Mo would run afoul of neighborhood and city ordinances.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 12:07:13 PM »
I neglected to include a note of gratitude into the final award, this award.

First of all, my heartfelt thanks to Mr. Wiggum, who first created the Top DUmmies way back a long time ago, at our old home; this was the 10th such event.

In fact, nearly all the credit goes to Mr. Wiggum, who counts the votes; he was the one who inspired, the spark that ignited.

When I was a reader, and not a writer of the awards, I used to look at Mr. Wiggum's releases as Christmas presents being unwrapped; they were all delightful.

This is why Mr. Wiggum, and not franksolich, still counts the votes; I like surprises, and even though obviously I get them a few days before everybody else, it's still, well, kind of nice to be surprised.

Second of all, my heartfelt thanks to BattleHymn, who this year became the "idea man" for the Top DUmmies, giving this writer all the ideas for writing the awards (excepting for the franksolich, which is totally mine).

This alleviated a great deal of stress when compared with past years; I of course can formulate ideas, but I'd just as soon not; I'd just as soon someone else tell me what to do, and go out and do it.

Probably a consequence of being the next-to-the-last child in a very large family.

My personal thanks to my fellow Nebraska Sandhillsian and very good friend dutch508 who, when at the last moment, the last award of the series, this one, immediately flew in to offer his assistance about it, after I'd found myself, uh, somewhat intellectually incapacitated.

I was tempted, but in the end decided it was my job.  However, I appreciated dutch508's kind gesture very much.

I find it ironic--and perhaps even funny--that franksolich, when writing about one of the biggest users of pharmaceuticals on Skins's island, was temporarily under the influence of drugs myself.

I guess it turned out okay, but I'd just as soon write, and post, with a clear head.

I also need to thank all those who nominated, voted, and commented, in this series of seventeen awards.  Keep up the good work! it's invaluable, what you all do.

Finally, I wish to thank all the primitives on Skins's island, who so enthusiastically provide much innocent merriment and entertainment for decent and civilized people.

Have their been DOTY, which have been by a landslide or close call?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »
So...we lacked a single slender vote in 2013, and another single scrawny vote in 2014.

Two votes stand between crazy nadin and an unprecedented but richly deserved THREE DOTY titles.

But she's relatively young.

Her lunacy, ignorance, arrogance, condescension, and vicious personality show no signs of mellowing.

Her potential is unlimited.