Author Topic: 2014: the nadin (MrScorpio)  (Read 3953 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
2014: the nadin (MrScorpio)
« on: December 26, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »
Congratulations! to the 2014 winner of the Nadin Abbott award, the “nadin,” given to the primitive who most thinks he’s smarter than God.

This is a reasonably new award, given for the first time last year to--one guessed it!--nadinbrzezinski.

There were only two candidates for this award on the ballot:

MrScorpio
TheMastersNemesis

The voting was pretty lopsided, because TheMastersNumbskull is far more paranoid than divine.

And so the winner’s MrScorpio.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Lamond X is full of himself; he’s got excresence overflowing out of his ears, even.

One recalls a feature of his on Discussionist, “Ask MrScorpio,” as if he was the Great Buddha, patiently sitting by to condescendingly dispense wisdom.

But someone else, not a fan of his, said it better than I could:

This idiot is one that I usually stop reading his posts after the third or fourth sentence. I can't stand him- the way he looks, the way he composes his messages- everything about him just raises my BP…..

He reminds me of Mr. Know-It-All from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show. I know you don't watch television, but Wikipedia has a good explanation of Mr. Know-It-All here that will give you an idea of what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Know-It-All

MrsCorpio posts a stupid thread (parallel his topics to the stupidity of the topics Mr. Know-It-All espoused his wisdom on), and then when he steps on someone’s toes, gets his thread deleted, or otherwise causes a ruckus because he's a stupid pineapple-headed moose, tries to play it off like he was either being coy, or that you're just not clever enough to understand his nuances. Infuriating, which is why I stay away from him.

Right; being deaf, I’ve never paid much attention to television, and so I compelled to check out the link.

Mr. Know-It-All was a popular supporting segment of The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. There were fifty produced. The segments featured Bullwinkle, in his typical know-it-all fashion, pompously giving advice and instruction on any and every given topic, such as how to catch a bee or how to sneak into the movie theater without a ticket. Of course, true to Bullwinkle's nature, something would always go humorously and disastrously wrong by the end.

Then I had to go and look up “Bullwinkle,” to see what sort of television show it was.  It was a cartoon, apparently.

And very much in the same sense that Lamond X is a cartoon; in his pompous arrogance, he’s rather funny.

- - - - - - - - - -

franksolich had one encounter with our winner.

I’m not in the mood to go over to Skins’s island this evening, and so this is mostly from here, the DUmpster.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025053960
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=96484.msg1218529#msg1218529

MrScorpio (59,860 posts) Thu Jun 5, 2014, 08:49 PM

33. Actually, I'm having a wonderful time there… I've even found a secret admirer.

Frank the Caver of all people. He was always sweet enough to look me up and say HI in one of my threads. I never realized how much of a romantic he is.

But unfortunately, his well known penchant for not being able to play well with others has caught up with him and now his posting privileges have been temporarily suspended. It must really pain him to be unable to stop by and tell me that he's thinking about me and invite me to read some of his latest fan fiction that he writes about me.

But he can't quit me, thats for sure.

I just hope that Frank doesn't get too jealous whenever I'm conversing with other posters without him.

There's nothing worse than a jealous caver. They can get quite testy at times.

franksolich

Re: O'Dorkio having a wonderful time on Discussionist
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 08:44:25 PM »

You know, McDorkio needs to learn something.

It's better to underestimate one's [own] intelligence than to overestimate it.

Dori

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »

Why did you get suspended? What did you say?

Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »

Mr. Dorkio is a legend in his own mind.

franksolich

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:58:54 PM »

Why did you get suspended? What did you say?

I refer you to a personal message sent.....May 30.

franksolich

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 09:17:19 PM » .

McDorkio's made an ass of himself twice now.

The first time was when he announced that if franksolich showed up on Discussionist, everybody would know it right away.

franksolich in fact showed up on Discussionist, and made no secret of his identity.

We two had a couple of conversations, during which time O'Dorkio had no idea who I was; nobody else on Discussionist had any problem knowing it was I.

So I led him to a thread here, and he finally figured it out.

After which he ran over to Skins's island to loudly brag to the primitives there, that he'd found franksolich.....only to be told other primitives had known it for the longest time.

And now with this, McDorkio's made an ass of himself a second time.

Now, if the above’s not clear, which it might, or might not, be, what’d happened was that becoming bored with Discussionist, I’d given my screen-name (PeterShilikov) and password to another member of the DUmpster here, to use as he wished.

(The account was later banned, which it should’ve been, as what I’d done wasn’t exactly kosher, and so no hard feelings towards my fellow alum Skins.)

Lamond X had no idea who he was really talking to.

Chris_

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 09:19:05 PM »

Nobody accused him of being the smartest pineapple on the tree.

^^^says it all.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:22:32 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: 2014: the nadin
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 11:31:37 PM »
By the way, if CaliforniaPeggy's reading this, she herself wasn't misled.

At the time of our courteous, even pleasant, conversation, she was in fact talking with the real franksolich.

<<<a nice guy; doesn't mislead ancients.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 12:27:14 AM »
Congratulations, Lamond X, for your double header award today, you pineapple-headed dipshit!  :cheersmate:

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »
Congratulations, Lamond X, for your double header award today, you pineapple-headed dipshit!  :cheersmate:

It's quite possible Lamond X can capture even another CC Honor this coming week.

He's that big of an idiot.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 08:42:32 AM »
It's quite possible Lamond X can capture even another CC Honor this coming week.

He's that big of an idiot.

Someone with semitropical horticultural experience can answer this for me--do they grow pineapples that big? :confused: :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
Someone with semitropical horticultural experience can answer this for me--do they grow pineapples that big? :confused: :whistling:
Yes they can get that big. BUT unlike Lamond X, none of them are hollow.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »
Congratulations MrScorpio.
And to MrsCorpio.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 02:01:01 PM »

BAKEWELL, Northern Territory, Australia -- Christine McCallum, 60, of Bakewell, has grown a giant pineapple, measuring 32 centimetres long and weighing 8.28 kilograms - which sets the new world record for the Heaviest pineapple, according to World Record Academy (www.worldrecordacademy.com).

http://www.worldrecordacademy.com/nature/heaviest_pineapple_8_point_2_kilo_pineapple_sets_world_record_112607.html

I think Lamond X could very well be a contender.