Before I post this. I did a search and found maybe five posts that mention the Liberal Playbook, but I didn't see anything that had the actual Playbook listed. So I thought I would post it for all to learn. This is long, so please bare with me ....
The Liberal Playbook:
Liberals are collective thinkers who feel more secure with group thinking or group actions than a more independent approach. Most liberals are only liberals because they think that being liberal is about social freedoms when in reality it is about fiscal prison. They have little understanding of the world of economics, finance and inflation.
If you have ever tried to debate or argue a point with a liberal, you will quickly notice that it is not like a debate with any rational person. We all know liberals are NOT rational. They think they are, and therein lies the problem. They will bring on a seemingly endless stream of meaningless and unrelated drivel until you simply give up, declaring the exercise pointless. At which point they claim victory.
But if you ever look at a road map of the conversation, you can see a pattern in every engagement. So, the real issue is to know when you have won, politely declare victory and disengage. There are a number of tactics liberals use, and the order will vary, but they are easy to recognize and my suggestion is, whenever the following tactics appear, you need to recognize them and know the liberals realize they have lost.
The Liberal Argument Outline
1. After they pose as the grammar police and dissect the spelling or pronunciation of your words they always will resort to spun facts. These can be found on Huffington Post, Daily KOs, MSNBC, and many other liberal sources. What they do is take facts, polls or arguments and add an emotional liberal spin in a weak attempt to make bad news for liberals look good. These are easily debunked and exposed as lies by going to the original source and posting the hard, cold facts with NO spin.
Please Note: At this point, you have won. It should never take more than one post to win an argument with a liberal. It is recommended that you claim victory and disengage at this point. If you continue, for fun or experimental purposes, no further logic will be forthcoming from the liberals.
2. The next step for the liberal will be to attempt to discredit your source. If the information is from personal experiences then they will always begin mad lib attack attempts on your character and immediately proceed to steps 4, 5 and 6.
At this time they will also raise their voice and invade your space (if the argument is in person). If it is any perceived “right wing” source, they will refuse to believe it. If it is a non-partisan source, they will claim it is right wing, if it is a left of center source, they will find another lefty source to “prove” you are wrong. They will not discuss the facts themselves, as they know they have lost. If you must go down this road (there is a high entertainment value), don’t allow this diversion. Just go back to the facts! Liberals hate them.
3. The Limbaugh Defense: This is one that comes out early and often. Although you know they never listen to Rush Limbaugh and have no idea what he says, they will drag him out and claim you are a Ditto head. This is another diversionary tactic. It has no relevance and is an attempt to change the subject. The more desperate they are, the more childish and ridiculous the reference to Limbaugh becomes: Flush, LimpBag, etc. Ignore this and re-post the facts. DO NOT BE DIVERTED.
4. The Personal Attack: Another common thread. Also designed to divert the lost argument. NEVER give any hint of personal information. Even something as innocuous as “I am a chef”. They will attempt to engage you and call you a liar to divert attention from the original lost argument. Ignore this and re-post the facts yet to be refuted. Liberals always attempt to attack character to get away from irrefutable reality.
5. Name Calling: Still another diversion. If you fail to give them any personal information, they will attempt to draw you out to gain more insight into your personal side. Then they will return to step 4. Ignore this.
6. And last but not least! The Liberal Bat Signal: When they find out they are unable to engage you, divert you or goad you into a completely irrelevant topic, they will send out the Bat Signal. This is where a bunch of Liberals (or often, the same one using several names) post a number of rapid fire posts congratulating the Liberal on handing you your head on a platter. This tactic often works on even the most logical and disciplined of us. The urge to rant must be resisted. Your rant will supply them with all the personal insight they need to spew hatred and personal attacks. The best tactic here is to use the same tactic back at them.
Always keep in mind, a Liberal will never admit you have a valid point, much less that you won a debate. So, the only reasons to continue a dialog with a liberal after the initial statement of facts that established your victory are for entertainment and educational purposes. If you refuse to take the bait and demand the topic remain on the original premise, they will eventually just go away and try to find someone else that will engage them on their terms.
If there is any on here that was missed. Please add them. I would be happy to see them.